About the Filmmichaelmoore.comLibrary + ResourcesHow can I help the Soldiers?


Homes For Our Troops
Their mission is to build specially adapted homes for our severely disabled soldiers and their families. Since they started this organization, they have had an outpouring of support from all across America including monetary donations, donations of building materials and equipment, and fundraisers being hosted in their benefit.

The Wounded Warrior Project
The "Wounded Warrior" project seeks to assist those men and women of our armed forces who have been severely injured during the conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere around the world. Many of the injuries are traumatic amputations, gunshot wounds, burns and blast injuries that will retire these brave warriors from military service. These wounded soldiers will return to civilian life minus one or more limbs, or with serious wounds or disfiguring scars, and will face greater challenges today obtaining assistance and finding opportunities that would enable them to provide for themselves and their families.

Coalition to Salute America's Heroes
The Coalition to Salute America's Heroes is a non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)(3) organization, created to provide a meaningful way for individuals, corporations and others to help our severely wounded and disabled Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans and their families rebuild their lives.

Click here for more links to support the American soldiers and the people of Iraq.

Send Books

If you would like to send books to soldiers yourself, check out BooksForSoldiers.com where soldiers will post requests for books they'd like to get their hands on and all you have to do is pick a soldier to send a book to. And that's just one of the many great ways BooksForSoldiers.com is helping out the troops.

How do I register as a Conscientious Objector?

Unfortunately, the United States Military does not allow private citizens to register for Conscientious Objector (CO) status until a draft is called. However, you can record your desire for CO status by sending a letter stating the beliefs (be they spiritual, religious or personal) or life experiences that would preclude you from serving in the military, to the offices of Selective Services (check www.sss.gov for appropriate office).

If you or someone you know currently is serving in the military and is looking for a way out due to conscientious objections, the Center on Conscience & War can help provide all the answers and information. If you have any questions or concerns about obtaining CO status, contact:

  • The Center on Conscience & War (800-379-2679, www.nisbco.org) and a representative will talk you through the process.
  • GI Rights (800-394-9544, http://girights.objector.org) who provide information to servicemembers about military discharges, grievance and complaint procedures, and other civil rights.

If you are simply looking for a little more information about registering yourself as a Conscientious Objector, check out this fact sheet.

Contact your elected representative

Let your elected representatives, including members of Congress and George W. Bush, know what you think about the war.




Exercise your Rights